The mission of The Anne & Eli Shapira Charitable Foundation is to support organizations that provide direct resources to improve education and primarily the quality of life for disadvantaged families and individuals in the Portland Oregon area.
The Anne & Eli Shapira Charitable Foundation seeks to:
- Provide program support with direct benefit items and or financial support that help to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged individuals and families in the Portland area.
- Improve educational opportunities for disadvantaged and/or disabled individuals.
- Enhance the healthy development of individuals faced with disadvantages or disabilities that may hinder their quality of life.
Generally, our grant awards range from 2% to 5% of the project or program budget. We award grants for both start-up and on-going support as long as the supported program(s) fall within our guidelines.
Anne & Eli Shapira Foundation’s funds will primarily be distributed by invitation to individual programs or through projects that we proactively develop with non-profit organizations in the Portland Oregon metropolitan area. Unsolicited letters of intent that meet our guidelines will also be considered.
The Anne & Eli Shapira Foundation makes grants on a quarterly grant cycle to non-profit organizations, which have been designated by the Internal Revenue Service as 501©(3) tax exempt organizations and an organization described in IRC 509 (a)(1), (2) or (3) (i.e., a non-private foundation).
Organizations applying must show that their programs effectively address the critical needs of their community through the provision of high quality services and innovative programs administered by well-qualified staff.
Organizations that receive grant awards will be expected to evaluate the effectiveness of their projects or programs and are required to complete annual reporting of their results. Reporting requirements vary and are based on grant amount awarded.
We do NOT make grants to any of the following:
• Capital campaigns
• Fundraisers or benefit tickets
• Athletic teams, Schools or events
• Debt reduction drives
• Political organizations
• Religious organizations for religious purposes
• Lobbying activities as defined by the Internal Revenue Service
Click here to learn more about how to How to apply